Fun fact. Halloween is the eve before All Saints’ Day. After All Saints’ Day, we have All Souls’ Day. I love that idea.
I thought PurpleMoon’s group gift was a timely reminder to love those we lost by celebrating their lives. We cannot get them back, but hold onto the love.
Yes, it has been one of those days. That is all. :)
- :: PM :: Poe (Group Gift!)
- *Plume* – Punk/Soil
- ::DS:: Tempest Red Mesh Eyes by Walton F. Wainwright (faust.steamer)
- Lazuri Marzia Bracelet
- Lazuri MVW 2013 Lolita Paragorn Earrings
- -Glam Affair - Gemma – Europa 05 G (Former Arcade Item)
- Pose: .::MS::.-INSTABILITY 1.16
- Post title pinched from Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven
Tuesdays are my days off, so I spent the day at the doctor’s office. Actually, I spent roughly 1 hour and 10 minutes at the doctor’s office. I’ve been in Vegas for 11 months now, and I was about to run out of my prescriptions. Apparently, I’m not easy to be around if I don’t have Prozac in my system, and I was starting to mildly freak out. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Prozac, it really isn’t a ‘fun’ drug. If I want to have fun, I slam some wine. If I want to be normal, I pop Prozac. I hope I don’t pass that on one day. While I was there, the doctor asked me if anything else I wanted to bring up. My family is still in Albuquerque, so I’m a frequent flier now. My pup flies with me because he’s my emotional support and I couldn’t leave him alone (clearly, I’m also confused as to who needs who more). Now, he is my official emotional support pups as I have a letter to prove it. Don’t worry…I won’t abuse that. I do love having him around and he does calm me down. Really, all animals are awesome.
Now that I got that off my chest, who’s ready for Halloween?
Styles by Danielle’s Arabella gown will be a hit at any Halloween formal event, but it offers several optional pieces that you can wear separately. It’s definitely not a gown you will have to put away after Halloween. Instead, you can wear it any time of the year. Arabella is available in Black, Red, Blue, and Taupe and is Slink and Wowmeh compatible. Also, Arabella is discounted for Danielle group members!
My black cat is my only accessory unless you count my nail polish. Styles by Danielle’s October group gift is Miss Shiny Nail Polish Halloween style. Like traditional prim nails? Covered. The prim nails come with a HUD so you can choose between eight textures. Love Slink? Covered. You know how appliers roll and you can have a Halloween themed mani/pedi.
Click Styles by Danielle for an in-world lift or if you feel like shopping out of world, click here for Styles by Danielle on MP.
- Styles by Danielle Arabella w/Black Cuffs, Neck Corset, and Train
- Styles by Danielle Nail polish in Gold and Black Web
- -Glam Affair – Gemma – Lips 04 and Candy Skin
- (fd) Cat – 17 Over Shoulder RARE
- *Alice Project* Willow [Low] – Infinity
- *elymode* makeup – Gluttony shadows – caramel (lower)
- Miamai_Catwalk Lashes_Toxic_Black
- Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Elegant
- Fashionably Dead Cat – 17 Over Shoulder Rare (September Arcade)
- Pose: Manifeste Editorial 24
- Location: Halloween Rock and Shock 2014
- Post title pinched from The Smith’s “How Soon is Now“
While the LBD is timeless, it can get a little boring, so I love to wear white after Labor Day. Again, I’ve always lived in dry and hot climates so I don’t have to worry about really cold weather. Although I think a snowy white coat would be gorgeous! Ah well, I’ll have to stick to my winter going out staple: the LWD.
Designer’s Showcase’s October round ends tonight! If you love LWDs as well, better get a move on. If you don’t, you’ll find both items above in other colors or print. Cheers!
- Dress: SnowpawsVoir Frock in White Lace @ October Designer’s Showcase
- TRUTH HAIR Feronia
- [The Forge] Swirl Left, White
- Shoes: [The Forge] Swirl Right, White
- Skin: Glam Affair – Candy – Europa – 14 D
- Pose: dfo I set fires to feel joy
- Dress: LushByCoCo: Riveted Classic (BLANC) @ October Designer’s Showcase
- Shoes: DE.Boutique AW14 Smoothies Black @ October Designer’s Showcase
- Lazuri Classic Pearls
- Hair: Magika Beans
- Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) M – High
- Skin: Belleza- Leila Pale Bl 9
- Pose: Nlimbo Couture 5
Summer is my favorite season! True, it’s brutally hot in Nevada, but I still love the idea of summer barbeques, swimming, and pool parties. I’m gonna miss you summer! I suppose fall is technically here, but mind you, I’m still dealing with 90 degree + weather, so forgive my fashion snafu.
Designer Showcase’s September round, has a little bit of this and a little bit of that, if you are still prone to summer wear, but understand the fall fashion season has hit. My post is my last ode to true summertime fun and fashion. Sniff.
Sunshine (the blonde):
- Artizana – Lyric (Festal) Bikini Top and Ceulean Shorts (comes with applier for WowMeh and other mesh bodies) @ Designer Showcase
- Body – InSize (WowMeh)
- Slink High feet
- Exile::London (former Arcade item)
- Pose: Relaxed Hand over Head by Chance Greatrex
What’s on your mind? I’ve had a lot on my mind lately! My thoughts cost a bit more than a penny, but that’s only because I have a headache. Work can be rough!
Styles by Danielle offered Penny in Aqua at this week’s 24 Squared event, and sadly, the event is about to end, but Penny is a sweet little dress. In fact, only 150 copies were available, so it may be gone.
Floral prints make me happy. Probably not as happy as Prozac, but when the day grows long, I need any type of pick up I can get!
Penny’s strapless style is wonderful for the last remnants of summer. Remember, you have control of SL’s sun, so you can let it shine all day long.
- Styles by Danielle Penny in Aqua @ The 24 Squared event (ends September 13 )
- Hair: AD – mouche -
- Shoes: Essenz – San Fransisco (White)
- MG – Bangles – Neon ChuChu – Small -@ Collabor88
- Belleza- Emily Makeup 9 @ The Arcade
- Pose 1: Glitterati Closeup 4
- Pose 2: Flowey But if you disappear
Okay, I can’t really trade my first or second life for fortune and fame (both combined are not worth that much), but there are some aspects of both that I would love to give away. As for Second Life, I don’t like mass teleports or intrusive hellos from male avatars. Is that super mean?
As for real life, I could totally give away my mood swings. I would have to give that away because it would be an awful trade!
Second Life is a sanctuary to me, and not necessarily in the religious or spiritual sense. It’s my time to get away from real life and dress up my virtual Barbie doll.
The last time I wore a gown in real life was my senior prom, so I’ve led myself to believe I’m a jeans and flip flop girl, but I never really had the opportunity to dress up. If I did (and I was at least 5 inches taller), I would totally wear a dress like PurpleMoon’s Miss Scarlett. Miss Scarlett is available in 8 colors, and I’m in love with this shade of blue.
Incidentally, the sale ends today, but Miss Scarlett in Gold is half off! Regardless of what color you choose, Lazuri’s Marzia complements Miss Scarlett perfectly. The combination reminds me of old Hollywood glamour. I was never there in body, but certainly in spirit. Hollywood is the ultimate in fame and fortune right?
Post title pinched from Nickleback’s “Rockstar“
Are you a supporter or a shopper? Why not be both? Rock your Rack is officially open and it runs until September 15. Styles by Danielle is participating in this massive event with an exclusive item. If you purchase Charlotte in pink, all proceeds go entirely to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Charlotte is available in other colors at Danielle’s main store, but Charlotte in Pink is only at the fundraiser. The outfit comes with a hud, so you’re able to make small changes, such as removing the flower, adding pink trim to the skirt, and opting for a solid colored jacket.
Ultimately, the more we know about a disease, the more we can do to prevent it or treat it. Breast cancer is no exception, so show your dedication and rock your rack.
I wonder if Style by Danielle’s outfit Lisa shares my middle name. My real name is Lisa, or formerly, it is Alisa, so technically I am a Lisa. My middle name is Marie, and I always wondered about my mom and dad’s reasoning, but almost every Lisa I have met has had the same middle name.
Hey Elvis? You really do live on through your daughter! It inspired my parents and many others. :D
Lisa, the outfit, has the distinctive Danielle flair, and you can wear each piece separately or together as I did. Danielle’s Taj Majestic jewelry completes the look, but no fears because you can change the gems and metals via hud too.
Lisa comes in other colors, but if you select the white version, it comes with a hud so you can select to turn on or turn off full bright. I love you Lisa. That may have been my subconscious talking, but you gotta love a Lisa…right? ;)
When shopping, make sure to wear your tag if you are a Danielle inworld group member because you’ll receive a 30% discount. Click Styles by Danielle for an in-world lift or if you feel like shopping out of world, click here for Styles by Danielle on MP.
- Styles by Danielle Lisa in Amazon Green
Styles by Danielle Taj Bracelets and Earrings Majestic
Styles by Danielle Vista Black wedges (rigged)
[INK] Hair___JUNO ::Brown @ Collabor88
Pose 1: IsoMotion – Editorial 9
Pose 2: Del May Hippy Bitch
I spend a lot of my real life time wondering what is wrong with people, but maybe it really is me.
I woke up on the bad hair side of the bed today. I was craving French fries smothered in cheese. As I was starving, my first plan was to buy a few groceries or at the very least hit up McDonald’s.
Instead, I drove across town and bought…mosturizer.
- Dress: [LG] KC SMR 14 Time after Time Dress @ Designer Showcase August Round
- Heels: E C R U: “Succumb” Stilettos for SLINK: Vermilion@ Designer Showcase August Round
- Bliensen + MaiTai – Laylah – Earrings (Love the way the designer spells Laylah!)
- Magika [Hair] Meadow
- -Belleza- Grace C88 Med 1 Bl @ Collabor88
- Poses: Purple Poses Tatiana
Post title pinched from Puddle of Mudd’s “Psycho”
I’ve been in my hometown all week long! Flying back to my new home, Las Vegas, Nevada, is surreal because I’ve only been there for 8 months, but it actually feels like home for the first time. I miss my bed, my boyfriend, and refrigerated air, not necessarily in that order, but you know…
Now, when I say home, I don’t mean my home. Las Vegas is merely where I hang my hat, but like my dad told me, I have to make the best out of new experiences and embrace every moment.